On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:11:23 -0300, Cq Cq <cqas...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Thiago,

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time and catching the ifExists error. I put the synchronized there just because of what I read in
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Threading-and-SSOs-again-td3276880.html
The OP said he had app state objects dissappear intermittently -- but I agree I can probably live with that over the performance hit I'll take with the synchronized services.

The issues were already fixed in Tapestry 5.3 and mostly happened because that project's code was checking access to images too, so many requests to the same session were being made in a very short time period.

Also any thoughts on using my ASM service in other classes outside of tapestry?

No problems as long as these other classes' methods are invoked as part of a request.

Should I pass it in when or try to inject the service?

I really don't see the difference, so use dependency injection.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor