On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 23:53:18 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kcola...@live.com> wrote:

I guess I am asking for an ognl engine... to do these calculations within tml files

Are you really sure you want to have logic in your template and make it look like JSP (which sucks), as Steve said? Mixing output generation and logic is a recipe for confusion. When I started working with T5 I've also missed OGNL, but later I got used to it and I use almost just property expressions exclusively since then.

ChenilleKit has an OGNL binding.

be nice if there were an expression operator in T5 to do these...

That's not going to happen. This was dropped from T5 on purpose.

guess I will have to make a java method...

This is the canonical approach. Logic belongs in Java classes.

It does seem to me that you're trying to write T5 thinking in T4 terms. I don't advise you to do that. The main concepts are mostly the same, but the implementation is very, very different.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor