Perfect. This works. Thank you so much for your assistance.

So I can't access the link's id from the page since it is local to the
component but I can trigger an event and handle that. Great. :D

Can I ask for one more thing if it is not to much of a trouble.

Is it possible and how do I access the component's id from the inside of a
component?

Index.tml

<t:Popup id="popupForwardMessage" t:source="sectionsForwardMessage"/>

Popup.java - this is my component

    @Parameter(required = true, defaultPrefix = "literal")
    @Property
    private String id;

I pass this id as a parameter. But is it possible to access the components
id. To avoid something like this

<t:Popup t:id="popupForwardMessage" id="popupForwardMessage"
t:source="sectionsForwardMessage"/>

So what I want is just to pass

<t:Popup t:id="popupForwardMessage" t:source="sectionsForwardMessage"/>

and then in class Popup.java I access it. But I can't do it like this

 @Parameter(required = true, defaultPrefix = "literal")
    @Property
    private String id;

So any ideas?