On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:11:25 -0300, Chris Poulsen <mailingl...@nesluop.dk> wrote:

Nice to know you got it working!

I'm still interested in the docs mentioning the custom component events. If they are missing, it should definitely be added. (I was expecting to find it on http://tapestry.apache.org/component-events.html)

Yep, that page is missing the event triggering part. Could you file a JIRA for that so the committers don't forget it? :)

Basically, @Inject ComponentResources and use the triggerEvent(String eventType, Object[] contextValues, ComponentEventCallback callback) method. You'll only need to implement a ComponentEventCallback if you want to get the return value of the handler method. The return value of triggerEvent() says if the event was handled or not. Very simple after you implement your first one. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor