On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 15:33, Toby O'Rourke <toby.orou...@gamesys.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some time ago there was talk of introducing support for WRO4J, SASS or
> LessCSS
>

> http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Alternate-template-format-td4639774.html#a4641048
>
> Has there been any progress on that yet? It is something that we've started
> discussing at work, perhaps we could discuss the implementation here, before
> submitting what we do as a patch if it is not currently being developed?

Not sure if it helps, but I've released a Maven plugin recently which can
compile LESS files into CSS :
http://kalixia.github.com/maven-less-compiler-plugin/

I'm using it in order to compile my extended version of Twitter's Bootstrap
CSS framework.

I was thinking about a way to have Tapestry to compile the LESS files at
runtime and cache the results.
Changes to LESS files would mean recompilation, of course.
I haven't started to work on such a thing though.

Jérôme