Hi,
OK. I need to get a permission as code is owned by my employer, hopefully I
should be able to get it next week. Anyway, it is easy to build such
integration with Tapestry 5.3 by implementing ResourceTransformer interface
and contributing it StreamableResourceSource.

For both CoffeeScript and LessCSS  I use their JavaScript compilers executed
from Java using for  Mozilla's Rhino. CoffeeScript source is used
unmodified, but LessCSS required small bit of hacking.

Only deficiency of ResourceTransformer is that does not support well
situations when a resource includes other files, e.g. by @import directive
in LessCSS - relative location of transformed files is unknown (so resolving
included files can not relative) and there is no good way to inform about
changes to dependencies (solved in my hack, but it would not work in T5.3).

I must say that Tapestry + CoffeeScript + LessCSS make web development feel
smooth.

Best regards,
Cezary