I guess it is just a consistency thing. Convention dictates that CSS files are
served with the .css extension, why break that convention if we don't have to?
From: Howard Lewis Ship [hls...@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 October 2011 22:08
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Compiled CSS

Why is this needed?  The file extension is not very important, but the
MIME type will be correct either way, and that should be all the
browser cares about.  They'll ask for a "foo.less" file and will be
sent a stream of CSS, with a matching content-type header.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Denis Stepanov
<denis.stepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand it correctly, right now resources accesses with
> ResourceTransformer will have same url as the source.
>
> It would be nice to have somekind of transform resources mapping, lets say we
> want to transform less file or files to css:
>
> virtualTransformResource("/css/bootstrap.css", "/less/bootstrap.less") -
> virtual resource "/css/bootstrap.css" will be resource "/less/bootstrap.less"
> transformed using ResourceTransformer, mimetypes are extracted from file
> names.
>
> Transforming all files from specified context:
>
> virtualTransformContext( "/css/", "/less/", "text/css", "text/less") - with
> additional from/to mimetypes to recognize what kind of files need to be
> transformed.
>
> Rewriting could be another solution for this but not so friendly.
>
> Denis
>
> On 12.10.2011, at 0:03, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>> Just checked in some changes as discussed below; not in a preview release
>> yet.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> <thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi!

>>> Tapestry 5.3 is still a beta, so this possibility exists (but don't consider
>>> this a promise). Please file a JIRA about it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>>> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
>>> instructor
>>> Owner, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
>>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry