Me too where tml contains Chinese words.

Should be caused by the html5 doc type changes?

Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8
sequence.
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanLiteral(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.XMLTokenStream.parse(XMLTokenStream.java:306)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SaxTemplateParser.parse(SaxTemplateParser.java:163)