On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:17:35 -0200, trsvax <trs...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree about having a prototype.jar and I don't view this as a backward
compatibility problem. Dependencies change from version to version anyway.

It would also make it easier to create something other than jQuery if
needed.

The original idea is to create a framework-agnostic JavaScript layer to be used by Tapestry-provided JS code. It would be implemented in Prototype and jQuery out-of-the-box and anyone could provide your own implementation too. This way, there's no useless code in either option.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor