On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Borut Bolčina <borut.bolc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this is perfect timing for us! Just a week ago, we considered using
> tynamo-federatedaccounts for our new app (big one). We have already a
> tapestry 5 based openid server, so tynamo-federatedaccounts with openid
> realm would be a natural fit. As noted on the website, the support for
> openid is planned for version 0.0.3. Too late :-) we implemented it - so we
> can share the code back to the project if you wish. Currently we can
> sign-in into our webapp with facebook, our openid server and google
> account. We think it would be nice if LinkedIn would be supported too.
> There are some open questions, we can discuss if you want.

Depends on your definition for a perfect timing I suppose... Anyway,
I've done openid, oauth, ldap, custom sso protocols etc. every which
way, but generalizing all that into a commonly used library is a
different beast altogether, so you seem just like the right kind of
user I'm looking for - one who's done it before, now wants to do it
again better / cheaper / faster. A new version of federatedaccounts
will happen after a release of tapestry-security, but it shouldn't be
too far behind. The new, modularized approach of federatedaccounts
means that linkedin integration will eventually see the light of day
as well. I'll gladly take a look at your openID implementation, and
I'm especially interested in a generalized approach for handling
attribute extensions in case you've dealt with that (I briefly touch
the topic at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/TYNAMO/2011/02/23/OAuth+-+auth+is+for+authorization).
Join if you are not already on tynamo's user/dev lists, it may be more
appropriate to continue to discussion there.

Kalle