2012/3/26 Jure Jeseničnik <jure.jesenic...@tsmedia.si>:
> First of all I hope that you find my contribution useful. I wish I could have
> done more.

Jure, absolutely useful. You had pretty much hammered the
federatedaccounts-facebook code to do openid instead and I had changed
some things around meanwhile, but I like starting from a functional
implementation so I can keep testing it while I refactored it to
follow the new form and for general use. Also, your contribution
prodded me to actually start working on openid integration now rather
than sometime later.

> Regarding your questions:
> 1) I would definitely like to see as many Id providers as possible or at
> least a possibility to add as many as you would like. I'm pretty sure there
> will be some users that will have the need to incorporate their own openId
> server through the federatedaccounts component.

Yes, I can see that. Mostly I'm wondering if there's a use case for
limiting to certain openid providers only.

> 2) We do. We're currently using attributes like phone number and more.

Ah, I knew it. Depending on the selected openid provider, that
information may not be available. Do you not allow those that don't
give you the information or you allow/make your users fill them in
later?

> 3) This part should be very flexible, so the designers could adjust this to
> the look & feel of the surrounding application. We, for example would like to
> use nothing but 16x16 icon for each supported provider. I would very much
> like to achieve this by not having to tweak the tynamo-federatedaccount code
> itself.

If there was reasonable configurable component
federatedaccounts-openid that allows tweaking the ui, would you use
that or you'd rather just plug in your own openid UI component,
overriding the built-in one?

> I like the idea of using multiple openId components in order to achieve any
> layout you want. I used this to combine the facebook/twitter components with
> various different openId providers.
> The situation where arbitrary openId provider used should be implemented with
> some sort of adjustable popup with a input field to enter your openId
> identity. Similar to a way that previously mentioned stackoverflow is using
> but more compact.

Yes, the stackoverflow is a bit convoluted, although fairly
comprehensive one. I'll take that as the UI foundation unless anybody
can point to a better one. Anybody willing to point me to or collect
openid badges to be used in the login component? Many openid providers
have made and allow the use of their own logos, but the sizes don't
necessarily match up nor confirm to the same style.

Kalle