On 04/09/2012 09:54 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:

I can verify with the 5.3 archetype, but it certainly seems to me that production mode of false lets the URLs be relative, but when you set it to true it starts to do extra work and looking to see if pages are marked as secured. I'm finding it in an odd way because everything on my application servers are behind HTTPS for every single request.
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.apache.org <http://tapestry.apache.org/>

mvn jetty:run

Go to localhost.

Look at URLs and they are relative.

Change to production mode, restart jetty, look at URLs and they are relative.

Proxy to Jetty from HTTPS using HTTP, URLs are relative in both modes.

Create a war of the code, put it under Tomcat. Hit Tomcat directly at 8080 over HTTP and URLs are all relative in production mode true and false.

Proxy to Tomcat using mod_proxy_ajp.

Start up Tomcat, hit HTTPD with HTTPS and proxy via AJP to Tomcat the menu looks like this:

<ul>
<li class="current_page_item">
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>
</ul>

Add -Dtapestry.production-mode=false to JAVA_OPTS, restart Tomcat, refresh the page and the menus looks like this:

<divclass="menu">
<ul>
<liclass="current_page_item">
<ahref="/url-test/ <view-source:https://wings.cc.ndsu.nodak.edu/url-test/>">Index</a>
</li>
<li>
<ahref="/url-test/about <view-source:https://wings.cc.ndsu.nodak.edu/url-test/about>">About</a>
</li>
<li>
<ahref="/url-test/contact <view-source:https://wings.cc.ndsu.nodak.edu/url-test/contact>">Contact</a>
</li>
</ul>

So this certainly looks like a bug. Production mode changes URLs to absolute under AJP proxying only. At this time I don't know it if is Tomcat only, or if I did AJP to another container one would see the same results.