On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 19:31:54 -0300, raulmt <rau...@gmail.com> wrote:

I know there are alternatives to throwing ValidationExceptions, but I was
wondering what use does this has then? Is there really a case where you
could want to log with error level all the user input validation errors? I ask because this method, throwing ValidationExceptions, appears on the wiki page as "you should do it this way"
(http://tapestry.apache.org/forms-and-validation.html) but this behavior,
imho, makes it useless at least in most cases.

Registering validation errors by throwing exceptions is something that was carried from Tapestry 4 to 5 and that's something Howard already said it was a bad idea. We probably need to fix that wiki page.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor