On 20 Apr 2012, at 19:00, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Luke Wilson <l...@viscri.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> More is described here:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10249254/tapestry-5-3-plasticclass-getmethods-doesnt-include-introduced-methods.
>>

> Ah, yes, I can see what you are going there.
>
> I think, perhaps, PlasticField and PlasticMethod may need a
> makeVisible() method that makes the introduced members visible inside
> PlasticClass.getMethods() and PlasticClass.getFields().  I don't think
> there's a way to extricate things so that member access within the
> introduced method is not transformed, but that's probably fine ... in
> your case, you want to make sure that the ParameterWorker sees your
> defaultValidate() method, and that method will be a stub with advice.

What's the reason that introduced methods aren't visible by default like in in
the old ClassTransformation? Are there consequences to just adding a line in
PlasticClassImpl.createNewMethod() to add the new method onto the end of the
methods list? I'm not all too familiar with the Plastic API but I could imagine
using it for a whole bunch of things....