Right back at you guys on citations ;-).  What principles is this breaking?

BTW, I just posted a citation which describes the componentResources...which
is already able to pull up the pageName...this is very useful in authoring
solid code at the page level.  Why would componentResources have the
pagename attribute if the INTENT was otherwise (that is, as you are
suggesting, the component to be oblivious to the page)?

And if it does already have pageName, why not access to pageName.property?

To me, it seems counter-intuitive to place a property of a page into a
component and to then have it trickle  back down to the page...when the
component could simply access the property directly (just like it does the
pageName).

Also, I did review Lance's example...the images are not being pulled up, so
it is a bit of a hard read.  Also, it does not seem to be getting any
parameters from a page.  Unless...

the message (best practice according to you guys) is to use the getters and
setters of the component class from the page class...presumably with one of
pre-rendering event handlers...which is essentially the same operation (for
simple strings like ids) as request parameter...?