Thiago,  I perfectly understand where you are coming from.  But it is hardly
defensible.  And, I suspect you know it.  I have just proven to you
polymorphic behavior of components using just pageName.  Imagine what else
can done, in menus alone, with more visibility - multi-level drill-downs
etc.  The possibilities are simply fantastic.  If Tapestry, cannot (or will
not)  do it - there are other frameworks who will.  Waving your resume, or
credentials, is not going to help in the face of sheer power of logic, or
the market.  If you do not want to call it Polymorphism - fine - call it
sometihng else.  I was using that term loosely to convey some sense of
different behavior based on what page the component is templating.  The
objective here is to enhace that behavior, not block the very consideration
of it.