Hi Howard and tnx for joining in the fun.

If you dont mind can you share a bit more light on what do you think in 5.4
will be in regards to this problem. How do you plan to move as you have said
it yourself in the direction in which the web is going.

Howard Lewis Ship wrote

> However, more than that, the direction the web is going (and where I
> hope to bring Tapestry in 5.4) is that the basic HTTP/HTML Form
> paradigm is outdated and should be abandoned except for the most
> trivial cases.
>
> For complex wizards, the UI should be dynamic on the client to
> whatever degree is necessary, and the very last thing is to send a
> package of updates to the server via Ajax. This is the approach you
> see with client-side MVC frameworks such as Backbone.js, Spine,
> SproutCore, etc.
>
> So, what do you do today?  In some ways, you best bet is to create
> DTOs that are not entities, and contain just the values to be edited
> in your wizard. The DTOs are created from a Hibernate entity in one
> transaction, can be updated across multiple transactions (persisted in
> the HttpSession). At the end of the process, the DTOs can be used to
> update the Entities.

Do you have any plans to implement DTO's support or any way to fascilitate
the implementation of them in our application. The reason I am asking is
becase I would like to see what is in the future of tapestry so that I can
chose what is the best in that regards as well as my current needs.

Cheers and tnx