So currently I have a method addItem and removeItem in in there I create
couple of entities and remove a couple. Now in those methods I have call to
services that only handle single entities (it is just a hibernate CRUD), and
this works fine because on the interface of them I have @CommitAfter.

However when I removed the annotation and moved it to the addItem and
removeItem the addItem works - it create new entities in the DB, but
removeItem does not remove them. This was my idea of create a transaction
layer since everything that is to be commited is done at once.