Okay, giving it a try, but running into another issue...

I've got two tabs that contain forms and three tabs that contain grid
data.  As it stands now, the forms redraw themselves (albeit without data)
and the grids return nothing.  My guess is that I'm missing a zone refresh
somewhere.  I watched the POST with Firebug, and I can see a POST
<tabnumber> being sent as well as the zoneid for the tabs...

Tried catching Action from the tabs, but no help.  Not sure how to capture
the zone request.