I did so before I sent this mail but I couldn't make use of them !
I can't see how the NullFieldStrategy can help me and I used
this FieldTranslator which looked like it would help but it didn't.

public FieldTranslator<String> getTrans() {
return new FieldTranslator<String>() {
public Class<String> getType() {
return String.class;
}
public String parse(String input) throws ValidationException {
return input;
}
public String toClient(String value) {
return value;
}
public void render(MarkupWriter writer) {
}
};
}

Anyone ?

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 08:42:14 -0300, Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Greetings to the developers of the lovely framework, tapestry5
>>

> Hi!
>

>  I wrote a form with a single text field, this field is bound to a string
>> object. When I enter a single or multiple spaces in this text field and
>> submit the form, the obtained values is always null.
>>

> Check the nulls and translate parameters of TextField in
> http://tapestry.apache.org/**current/apidocs/org/apache/**
> tapestry5/corelib/components/**TextField.html<http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/TextField.html>
> .
>
> --