Hi

I don't think many developers have come across this case. That doesn't mean it
is not a valid case but it won't be a high priority for most of us.

Anyways, I did take a look at it and it involves an API change(as
NullFieldStrategy is not an internal class). One way I can think of solving
this issue is to have a NullFieldStrategy2 which extends NullFieldStrategy with
new methods taking the clientValue as parameter. But I think that will be an
overkill for a rare case.

I think we can change NullFieldStrategy in a future version (may be 5.4) and
for the time being you can override FieldValidationSupport service.

regards
Taha