My scenario is that I have a link (there is zone parameter) that refreshes
the zone. Now in this zone there is a component in which there is a method

    @AfterRender
    public void set(){
        ajaxResponseRenderer.addCallback(new JavaScriptCallback() {

            @Override
            public void run(JavaScriptSupport javascriptSupport) {
                javascriptSupport.addScript("alert(%s)",
selectedComponent.getId());
            }
        })
    }

Now this method gets triggered but the run part is never actually triggered.
If I use the JavaScriptSupport  instead of the AjaxResponseRenderer it works
without a problem. But I would expect that the first approach works just as
well.

I did try this approach in the method that gets triggered for the ajax
request and then this works but my problem is that this part needs to be in
the component and then I need to use (right?) @AfterRender.

tnx all