Hi T5'ers

we have some performance issues and started thinking about caching our pages (lets say parts of them to be precise). Due to the fact we are showing user related information along with "public information" on a page, we can not make use of a simple web proxy caching.

Therefore we are thinking about a "component rendering result cache".

Assume we have several independent components to show an overview of items (and we have a lot of items rendered in a loop) and we want to cache the rendering result of one of these particular components for several seconds before rendering it again (to reflect new items or changes). I am aware this means we are showing stale data for some seconds, but honestly this is not an issue because after rendering and displaying it in the browser data is considerably old anyway :-)

What might be a good place to intercept the rendering and store the output from a component and on the other hand use outputraw for sending cached data?
Does anyone tried this before?

Any idea or comment is appreciated, thanks in advance

Jens