Hi Magnus,

many thanks for the detailed cookbook. I will give it a try and let you know and have a nice holiday.

Jens

Am 30.07.12 00:03, schrieb Bård Magnus Kvalheim:
Hi Jens,

As it happens I too was thinking about this a while back.
I didn't make any research, but I would probably look into making mixin or
component using the before and after render phases.

Saving/caching the markup in after - and then short-circuit in before if
cache is valid. I think is should be possible to get the markup from the
MarkupWriter.

Providing a cache key as parameter
(like the 'watch' in
http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3.4/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/annotations/Cached.html
)
should be pretty strait forward to implement as well

Some known challenges/limitations:
* imported javascript/css in inner components
* use of javascriptsupport in inner components

Perhaps I'll give it a crack at it after the vacations if youre still
looking for a solution.

cheers
Magnus