On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:02:20 -0300, sommeralex <alexander.som...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is it true, that the tapestry api and documentation lacks in examples and
actuality, or do I read the documentation in a wrong way?

That's something we can always improve. :)

basic example, radio group:
http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3.4/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Radio.html

1.
there is no example on how to make an option field selected as default.

The solution for that is in RadioGroup, not Radio. Just make sure the property you pass to its value parameter has the value you want.

2.
there is no example on how to determine which option IS selected, when
submitting the form.

The solution for that is in RadioGroup, not Radio. Just read the you pass to its value parameter.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo