On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:41:10 -0300, Lodorvonhal <lodorvon...@aol.com> wrote:

I'm currently writing a bachelor thesis about tapestry.

Nice! :) Count on us for questions, explanations, etc. ;)

I'm trying to classify tapestry by JEE standard. But I can't find any
information about it.

I'd call it a Java web framework built on the top of the Servlet API. Tapestry itself is a servlet filter (javax.servlet.Filter), not a servlet (javax.servlet.TapestryFilter). In addition, except in rare scenarios, Tapestry applications can be written without using the Servlet API directly.

A tapestry application is based on the Java-Servlet-API, but unlike servlets tapestry pages are no singletons.

Tapestry pages *are* singletons since version 5.2. The state of the pages is thread local, even being singletons, due to Tapestry's rewriting classes of the fly, which is transparent.

One think I'd suggest you for underestanding Tapestry is to *not* think in terms of servlets and servlet filters.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo