On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:30:06 -0300, Lodorvonhal <lodorvon...@aol.com> wrote:

distributed systems have a particular architecture. Web applications can be classified according to the MVC-pattern. I know how that looks in Tapestry.

Tapestry implements MVC: pages and components classes are the C, V are their templates and M depends on the component (BeanModel for Grid, BeanEditor, BeanDisplay, GridDataSource for Grid, SelectModel for Select and Palette, etc).

If you're talking abouth 3 layer architecture, Tapestry (the web framework, also called tapestry-core) is in the view layer, while Tapestry-IoC can be used in the other layers too.

my professor wants a classification by fat-clint or fat-server. The
structure of an application.

The structure of the application is the structure of the application, not of Tapestry. Tapestry(-core) isn't a full stack framework, just a web framework so the structure of the application itself isn't affected by the use of Tapestry.

Tapestry is a framework that does most of its logic server-side, but does provide some client-side processing too (input validation out-of-the-box plus anything you write in JavaScript which is used by pages and components).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo