On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 01:38:03 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kcola...@live.com> wrote:

Folks,

Hi!

And I am using arithmetic operations as specified above.

I know Thiago is going to slam me for not putting this in the JAVA module...

I'm not slamming you: I'm just saying that you're ignoring over and over our advice to use the best practices and also to follow the Tapestry 5 philosophy about where to put logic (which is not just Tapestry's). You've also ignored our advice that the Label component and the <label> HTML element should only be used for labeling form fields. It's very frustrating to give the same advice again and again a and being completely ignored. And this advice isn't made up from me, it's just the best practices in GUI development in general and Web interfaces in particular, and best practices which are part of Tapestry 5's philosophy.

Am I compelled to put this in the JAVA... ?

Yes. If you really want to go ahead and do the wrong thing, use the ChennileKit's OGNL binding.

or should arithmetic operations be supported in the page space for TAP-5

No. They never will because it's against the framework philosophy and best practices in general.

I know you're converting something from T4 from T5. T5 is an evolution from T4. Some good stuff was added and some bad stuff was dropped. Why don't you use the fact that you're porting code from T4 to T5 and also improve it by following the best practices?

I had already given up on answering your repeated question on how to write logic in Tapestry templates. I've just answered now because my name was mentioned.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo