It seems that you have error in setSubmittingElement js function. This
function is responsible of functionality you need. It sets the id and name
of submit button the form was submitted from.

Hmm - I did not see this. This may be the source of my problems?

Yes, exactly. You have error in setSubmittingElement js function. This
function is responsible of functionality you need. It sets the id and name
of submit button the form was submitted from.

I use firefox 15.0.1. I expect that you do not get this error in your
> javascript console?

No, I have no errors. I tried this with firefox 15.0.1 and it works fine.
May be you have this errors because of some other thirdparty js stuff. I
recommend you to debug js code, especially setSubmittinElement() function.

--
BR
Ivan