Are you saying... that...

I maintain a collection on a single initial rendering... I get away with it by
hibernate entity on my display after the gallery is rendered.

On a subsequent event (lastPage)... your claim is that any reference to my
collection variable will produce an NPE. I stepped thru the debugger and
collection looks legit... probably because it hasnt been garbage collected yet.
So what did I do? I instrumented the firstPage event handler (which seems to
work) and I put the reference collection.size() in it ... and boom... that
looks legit in debugger but the NPE happens anyway.

So the collection is null theory I will buy on the basis that it hasnt been
garbage collected yet.

SOLUTION ? @Persist

Gallery.JAVA
    @Persist
    @Property
    private Collection collection;

Ok I ran this thru debugger and its fine. I am a happy tap'r... thanks guys

didnt think i would get flanked by the garbage collector

- cheers

Ken