Boris,

I guess your parser error is due to jQuery which reject function even
received from ajax call. I've encountered the problem with the plugin
Jeditable.
see the following commit

https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery/commit/818ae2a5594397ea7368237d081e40b2fa3edbbe

As Thiago mentioned, this should be considered as a hack.
In your case, I guess it would be better to follow howard's recommendation.
- load a plugin during render phase (mixin could do that)
- configure your plugin to listen to an event etc..