François Facon-3 wrote
> I guess your parser error is due to jQuery which reject function even
> received from ajax call. I've encountered the problem with the plugin
> Jeditable.
> see the following commit
>
> https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery/commit/818ae2a5594397ea7368237d081e40b2fa3edbbe
>
> As Thiago mentioned, this should be considered as a hack.
> In your case, I guess it would be better to follow howard's
> recommendation.
> - load a plugin during render phase (mixin could do that)
> - configure your plugin to listen to an event etc..

Yea I have found the line in the Jquery itself that fails when parsing the
JSON with the native call. So I guess there is nothing that can be done
about this.

Still though I am not sure why this approach would be consider a hack. The
autocomplete plugin expects to get a function that should handle certain
events, and passing JSON is a way to pass information to the plugin. It is
the same as passing the configuration parameters such as "title" : "My
title". So I would expect that the tapestry's (in this case
tapestry5-jquery) implementation of the plugin handles all configuration
that can be passed to the plugin, and not just the normal parameters.

If I understood correctly what I should do is create a mixing that will be
loaded the autocomplete during the rendering page and then pass the function
as I have done so far because in that case it will have the function before
I need to refresh the zone to reveal the automcomplete textfield?