Hi,

I'm seeing something that doesn't look right - possibly user error.

I have a component structure like this:

MyPage
        ->TopBar (c)
                -> NavItem (c)

In the NavItem.java I have an render phase method:
        @AfterRenderTemplate
        void afterRender(MarkupWriter writer) {
                log.debug(writer.getElement().toString());
        }

Which produces in the log:

The TopBar component TML has the <ul> element and the NavItem TML has the <li>
so I would expect the getElement call to return the NavItem <li>

Can anyone confirm if this is the expected behaviour and if so how do I get the
element in my NavItem.

NavItem.tml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<li xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_3.xsd";
xmlns:p="tapestry:parameter">
        <a t:type="pagelink" page="${page}">${label}</a>
</li>

Thanks in advance,
Adam.