As far as I can tell, the provided row index is based on the page and not
the currently displayed list of items. Meaning if I have 3 pages and each
page is displaying 5 elements, on the second page, the first element's
index is 5 rather than 0.

But when *prepare()* is called, the start index and end index is provided
to load only the page to be displayed and *getRowValue()* doesn't indicate
on which page the gird is when it's invoked. So how is it possible that
these 2 methods can work with each other while one is page agnostic (i.e. *
prepare()*) and the other respects the current page order (i.e. *
getRowValue()*) ?

I read the getRowValue method documentation and it indicates to return a
null when the provided index is out of range, but when I did so, only the
first page was populated while the others where blank. Links to other pages
are still displayed because the *getAvailableRows()* method returns a big
enough integer since the available data is a lot more than one page.

Thank you.