Some tapestry components do fire ajax events and reach out to the server
and it get's handy sometimes to listen to those events. For instance the
datefield event fired to format the selected date. Side question, why does
the date field have to reach out to the server to format the selected date,
can't it be done on the client side ?

Any way the main question is, I saw this url being posted using ajax:

> http://localhost/tests/results.starttime:format?input=1351232300000

So I tried listening to the "format" event fired from the "starttime"
component but I got nothing. I thought may be it's the missing context so i
added a "long" parameter to the even method, but it didn't work either.

So how I can I, on the server side, listen to the datefield component fired
ajax events ? And how can this be done in general since some urls indicate
events that aren't actually the events being listened to on the server !

Like the zone refreshing mixin. It fires a "zonerefresh" event while I
could listen to it only through the "refresh" event.

Thank you.