I have a numerous checkboxes generated withing a loop that is even inside
another loop

Loop
   Loop
        Checkbox

So I set the checkbox's value this way:

<t:checkbox t:value="ipSelection(device.ip).selected"/>

So the "ipSelection" method accepts an ip, looks up a map of objects that
have a "selected" boolean property. Now the "device" property isn't
persisted among requests so an exception occurs while submitting the form.

I'm only trying to persist state of selected checkboxes among requests. And
I'm confused why solution doesn't work, and after giving it a little
thought, I'm not sure why should it work !
I implemented a similar approach but that had a static text as the provided
parameter (i.e. method('myKey'))