Thanks a lot ! It's coming along now. I first faced a problem with the loop
state so I disabled it (i.e. NONE) but after you pointed out the javadoc, I
tried the "ITERATION" option that keeps info sufficient info for iterating
over the values only and its working now.

The thing is that "VALUES" serializes the "device" object using toString
and even as its a waste of time to deserialize that. that's not what I
need, I only need a string property acquired from it (IP).

Thanks again :)