Probably not the best place to ask (and probably not the best question as
well) but I am not that good at jquery so I have no real idea where to
start.

But does anyone have an idea how to covert

// A script that detects when any Form is being submitted or any component
issues a request involving a zone. It reacts by overlaying the
// zone with a div of class "zone-loading-overlay". The idea is that you
should define that class, in css, to display an animated GIF.
//
// Based on a solution by Howard Lewis Ship at
http://tapestryjava.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/adding-ajax-throbbers-to-zone-updates.html
.
// Written in Protoype style because Tapestry includes the Protoype library
(http://www.prototypejs.org/).

Tapestry.onDOMLoaded(function() {

        function addZoneOverlay(event, element) {
        var mgr = Tapestry.findZoneManager(element);
        var zone = mgr && mgr.element;

        if (!zone) {
            return;
        }

        zone.insert({top:"<div class='zone-loading-overlay'/>"});
        var zoneDims = zone.getDimensions()
        var overlay = zone.down("div");

        overlay.setStyle({
            width: zoneDims.width + "px",
            height: zoneDims.height + "px"
        });
    }

        // Tell document body to call addAjaxOverlay whenever a Form is
submitted
or a zone-related form or link is clicked.

    $(document.body).on(Tapestry.FORM_PROCESS_SUBMIT_EVENT, addZoneOverlay);
    $(document.body).on(Tapestry.TRIGGER_ZONE_UPDATE_EVENT, addZoneOverlay);
});

to jquery???

I really appreciate any input you can share