Hi.

probably disabled="disabled" is a solution that works?

The standalone, unvalued attributes are a html5 (and old html) syntax element. Tapestry templates are well formed XHTML and therefore XML documents. In XML every attribute has a value, which produces that parsing error, I think.

The Xhtml conform variant defined for HTML5 is to use the attribute name as it's value again, so disabled becomes disabled="disabled".

See [1] for reference.

regards
Peter

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/common-microsyntaxes.html#boolean-attribute