Thanks Peter but I have found a solution for presenting uneditable data. It
was right in the bootstrap forms page (
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/base-css.html#forms).

There's a small problem with this though, I can't disable or enable the
textfield with javascript on the fly. I have to do a whole page reload or
some form zone magic. But right now, it should suffice.