I think all of the CDI modules are basically a consumer layer so Tapestry
pages/components/etc. can use CDI beans.
Usually, the use case is that the rest of the company is using CDI, and the
presentation layer (Tapestry) needs to use
some of that functionality.

This may be off topic, but in all honesty, after working with both CDI and
Tapestry-IOC for two years now,
I would suggest phasing out Tapestry-IOC in favor of CDI.
Tapestry-IOC was the biggest obstacle for me learning Tapestry IMHO.