And I forgot another huge reason for not replacing Tapestry-IoC in Tapestry: backward compatibility. Unfortunately, we just can't break compatibility in such a large way. Many people still void Tapestry due to its past history of completely non-backward compatible changes and the Tapestry team has already promised to not do that again.