All my jobs are Tapestry pages and I call them with Hudson (curl). The
benefits are:

1. Easier to develop (It's just a web page)
2. More control over running jobs
3. Hudson keeps statistics
4. No problems when load balanced

The only draw back is Hudson has 1 minute scheduling resolution. I've only
got 1 job that runs every minute. Most are every 15 minutes but some are
yearly.