OutputRaw does not do the same thing because it does not support parameter
expansion, but you are correct there are potential issues with this
approach.

I can't use the outputRaw component here because the data is the template.

It does let you do things like this

<t:dynamic template="prop:template.resource">

<t:form>

<t:select t:id="item" model="itemSelectModel" validate="required" />

<t:submit value="Add To Cart"  />

</t:form>

</t:dynamic>

Which allows the page to contain any content and place the order form
anywhere on the page.