I'm still not convinced this is a bug in tapestry... it might be but
there's still some suspect areas in your code.

1. In hibernate, Phone has-a Person (@ManyToOne) and Person has Phones(s)
(@OneToMany) but you seem to be manipulating both:

    @CommitAfter
    void onRemoveRow(Phone phone) {
        person.getPhones().remove(phone);
        session.delete(phone);
    }

I'm thinking you should manipulate one and get the other from hibernate.

2. This whole @Transient temp id -System.nanoTime() thingy. Why is this
required?
It looks like you've let your UI implementation creep into your model.
Always a bad idea ;)

3. PhoneTypes doesn't relate to Person... these look like globals.
I'd really advise against initializing them in your page.
Looks more like a @Startup job or at least a synchronized method on a
service.