I just went through this exercise on my client's project.
I explored both tapestry-offline and just using HtmlUnit GET a page,
then clean it up and send it out as Email.

We wound up using Freemarker for this.  Template syntax is largely the same,
there is no cleanup necessary and it works better for Email purpose than
Tapestry templating.