On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:16:37 -0200, Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:

I just went through this exercise on my client's project.
I explored both tapestry-offline and just using HtmlUnit GET a page,
then clean it up and send it out as Email.
We wound up using Freemarker for this. Template syntax is largely the same, there is no cleanup necessary and it works better for Email purpose than Tapestry templating.

Tapestry templates were built to generate (X)HTML markup, same for its components, so it's not a generic template engine. Freemarker is a generic template engine, so it's a better choice then Tapestry templates for non-webapp stuff (at least most scenarios).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br