Just to poke my uninformed and long-worked-days nose in, I reckon if a bit
of sample code that did this caching (and may i chime in, and perhaps
allowed for a tapestry configuration symbol to enable/disable this
behaviour) were to magically be attached to a jira, then the likelihood of
it being considered for 5.5 would sky rocket.

Being somewhat interested in mitigating against breaches and having not
given 5.4 a decent look at yet, read this comment (with its tired owners
dry tone) with a "grain of salt"

I'll just beg my pardon out of this politely and fix a drink :)

If the stakeholders of a project wish this behaviour, and no gmaps stuff is
ever likely to be needed, could be a nice feature.

Cheers
Chris