On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 05:23:13 -0300, Lance Java <lance.j...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I'm sure Tapestry could do some byte code magic via plastic such that any
@Inject fields accessed in the constructor were swapped out for getters
with nice error messages. Sounds very messy / intrusive to me and I don't
think it should be implemented.

Hi, Lance!

Hmmm, you're right, that's probably very doable (I'm not sure Plastic already handles throwing exceptions, and it supports just the bytecode it needs). You've thought in an angle I haven't though. :) Regarding being implemented or not, I think this kind of NPE is one that occurs in the exact same way with ordinary, non-Tapestry-IoC Java, so I agree that I shouldn't be implemented and that constructor injection is the recommended one.

 On 7 Apr 2014 13:54, "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>