Hang on - with T5.4 beta-3 I'm pretty sure I'm not doing any of that!
bootstrap.css and bootstrap.js are drawn in automatically as part of T5's core.
To use a bootstrap module in your page, try this sort of thing:

        void afterRender() {
                javaScriptSupport.require("bootstrap/dropdown");
        }

and to use a bootstrap module in your javaScript, try this sort of thing:

define(["jquery", "bootstrap/button"], function($, button) {
        // etc
}

BTW, I use jQuery as the infrastructure provider.

        public static void
contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, String>
configuration) {

configuration.add(SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER, "jquery");
        }

Have I missed something?